This Shuttle Chef is Silver in colour and has a single 4.5 litre inner multi-layered stainless steel saucepan with a carbon steel plate sandwiched into the heavy stainless steel base.
This inner saucepan is designed for high lateral heat conductivity, resulting in heating from all directions as well as maximum heat retention.
This saucepan is also suitable for cooking on Induction Elements due to the carbon steel plate in the heavy base.
The Outer Container is 26 cm wide across the handles and is 25 cm high.
The bail handle will not become overly hot if it is left in the vertical position while cooking on the stove top, however if it is left in the horizontal position it will definitely pick up residual heat that is being transferred up the sides of the pot by the primary heat source.
The outer carry container has a patented vacuum chamber between two walls of stainless steel ensuring the very best insulation available.
Thermos guarantee that it will provide the Hottest Hot and the Coldest Cold for the longest period.
How to use the pot:
Put all the ingredients in to the inner pot and bring it to the boil. Once boiling reduce the heat to bring the contents to a simmer. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes (depending on the recipe instructions). Once the simmering time is complete take the inner pot, off the stove and put it into the outer pot.
There is no need to plug in any power cord. The food will continue its “thermal cooking process” using the retained heat. After the required time (e.g. rice 30 min; chicken stock 2 hrs; beef brisket 3.5 hrs), just open the outer pot, and a nutritional and flavourful meal is hot and ready. The
Thermal Cooker has excellent heat retention capacity; the food inside the pot can retain a temperature of over 60°C even after 6 hours.
Advantages of thermal cooking:
- Safe: It is not a pressure cooker, there are no power cords, no switches or electrical hazards to worry about.
- Energy Saving: After the food has been boiled for a short time, the cooker needs no external energy while thermal cooking. Food stays warm automatically after it’s ready.
- Convenience: The thermal cooking process requires no further supervision or monitoring. Food can be cooked while you are travelling. You can cook with the pot anywhere, anytime and it’s safe to use indoors or out.
- Economical: Decreases fuel costs, economises time and energy.
- Healthy: Entraps flavour, minerals and vitamins; generate less odour, grease and smoke in the kitchen.
- User Friendly: Never over cooks and cleans up easily