- Place ½ cup buckwheat in a quart-size sprouting jar or other sprouting container.
- Fill with water, cover with a sprouting screen or mesh sprouting lid. Soak 20-30 minutes.
- Drain all water off the buckwheat.
- Invert the jar over a bowl at an angle so that the buckwheat will drain and still allow air to circulate.
- Drain 1 hour, rinse, and drain again. Repeat rinsing and draining every hour until the rinse water runs clear. Buckwheat is very starchy and requires more rinsing at first than other sprouting seeds.
- Once the initial draining and rinsing is complete, drain and rinse 3-4 times daily.
- Once sprouts reach desired length, usually ½-1 inch, drain well and enjoy immediately or transfer to a covered container.
Sprouts will keep in the refrigerator for several days.
SPROUTS - Buckwheat 400g